Monday, October 29, 2007

California Pizza Addendum

I realize that my prior post's summary of the California pizza situation left out two places worth mentioning:

Pizza My Heart http://www.pizzamyheart.com/
This California chain has good-quality, by-the-slice New York style pizza. It's a bit pricey for a slice (2.50 just for a modestly sized plain slice!) but yummy. I give it an A.

N Y Pizza (325 Hamilton Ave, Palo Alto)
N Y pizza claims to have authentic New York pizza... this place used to be decent (B+ quality), but changed ownership a couple years ago and it seemed to me like the quality went down after this change. I'd give it a B- in its current form. The pizza is a little too heavy and greasy, and the crust doesn't taste very good. FYI, my pizza pals and I have done the math, and, surprisingly, the personal-sized pizza is a better pizza-per-dollar value than the larger pies.