Friday, November 9, 2007

Whidbey Island

Village Pizzeria (106 First St., Langley, WA)
We heard a rumor that there was authentic New York style pizza to be found on Whidbey Island, so today we caught the ferry and headed to the Village Pizzeria in Langley. It definitely had the nicest view of any pizza place I've ever visited, perched on a cliff above the Sound. It also had the most authentic New York style pizza I've found in Washington thus far. It was thin, with an excellent crust and good, but not-too-thick, cheese. The only shortcoming was that there wasn't very much sauce on the pizza, and personally I think a zesty sauce is pretty key. So I'd give this an "A" for its authenticity but a B+ as far as taste (my husband, however, thinks it should get an "A" on taste, too -- he said that adding spicy pepper flakes and oil to his slice made up for the scarcity of sauce).

No comments: