Sunday, March 29, 2009

Some Capitol Hill Slices

I tried a couple of by-the-slice pizza places in Seattle's Capitol Hill neighborhood today, with mixed results:

Hot Mama's Pizza, 700 E Pine St, Seattle
I was happy that I tried out Hot Mama's pizza. The atmosphere was nice and casual, and the slices were generously sized. This was pretty close to New York style. It could have been a little bit thinner and tangier, but was basically the right thing. The sauce was a tiny bit sweet, which was sort of fun. I'd give this a B+.

Piecora's Pizza, 1401 E Madison St
, Seattle
Piecora's was a more disappointing experience. It took a really long time to get slices (they didn't seem to have sliced pizza out and ready), and the slices we got were of variable quality -- my friend and I each ordered a slice of cheese pizza, and the two slices looked as if they came from totally different restaurants. Neither was very good, though. They were quite greasy, and much too thick, and a bit heavy on the cheese. I'd give this a C.

No comments: