Sunday, June 28, 2009

Pizza on Bainbridge Island

I took the ferry over to Bainbridge Island this weekend, to see whether they had more promising pizza options than the mainland. The two places I tried were tolerable, but nothing to write home about:

Westside Pizza (278 Winslow Way E, http://www.westsidepizza.com/)
Westside Pizza advertised "pizza by the slice" on the signs outside their shop, but it turns out they only have slices from 11 am - 3 pm. Since it was 4 pm, I had to order a medium pie in order to sample their wares, which took about 10 minutes. The taste reminded me of Dominoes, but slightly higher quality. The sauce was zesty in a good way, but the pizza was a bit greasy and the crust, though thin, was undercooked. I'd give this a B-, which is probably a bit generous, since I was really really hungry when I ate it (my tasting companion Julia gave it a C+).

That's A Some Pizza (488 Winslow Way E, http://www.thatsasome.com/tasp.htm)
This place had a funny name, so that's a bonus. They also had a cute little porch to sit on while eating the pizza. The pizza, unfortunately, was too thick to be NY style, and was sort of bland, though less greasy than the pizza from Westside Pizza. The crust, in addition to being thick, was also somewhat undercooked. I'd give this one a C+.

No comments: