Friday, July 3, 2009

Real NY Style Pizza in Bellevue Square!

I was in the Bellevue Square Mall today, when I stumbled across Villa Pizza (on the top level, near the entrance to Macy's). They serve by-the-slice, and the pizza is the most truly-authentic NY style pizza in the area, now that Zagi's is gone (not counting Brooklyn Brothers in Everett, but that's a long drive!). Thin, crispy, just the right amount of cheese. My one complaint is that there wasn't quite enough sauce, so I'm torn between A- and A. I'll go for A-, but maybe they were just having a bad sauce day :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Honestly, you must've been VERY hungry before eating there. I tried on your recommendation and was really disappointed. No where close to Brooklyn Brothers. If anything, I'd give them a D. Dough was flat (I'm talking about the end crust), sauce tasted like it was from a school cafeteria and the cheese was fair at best.

merrie said...

Yeah, I agree with you that it's nowhere near as good as Brooklyn Brothers. But it is in the authentic "NY Style" which is always a surprising find in the Seattle area. It is definitely possible that I was super hungry the day I tried, it though -- I think I'm giving places higher scores than I normally would b/c of pregnancy hunger :-)